Caribbean Resort Safety Tips
Even in Myrtle Beach, the Grand Strand of South Carolina, it is wise to take precautions. We recommend the following to make your visit as carefree and enjoyable as possible during your stay:
- For Emergency Assistance (on your room phone) press “0” for the Operator or call 911. Off property emergencies, call 911.
- Caution is advised when using our water features. Please comply with the posted safety rules at the pool, spa, and waterpark.
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult at the beach, pool, spa, and waterpark. No lifeguards are on duty. You are responsible for the safety of your children as well as all the children in your party.
- Weather and ocean tides do change affecting ocean conditions. Waves and strong currents may be unsafe. Red flags indicate dangerous ocean conditions. Use good judgment before entering the water.
- Don’t answer the door to your unit without verifying identity. If a person claims to be a Resort employee and you were not expecting service, call the front desk to verify if hotel staff should have access to your room and for what purpose.
- Unsolicited visitors should not be allowed in your room. Use the Viewport and security latch to identify people at the door. Report any suspicious activities to Management.
- Do not reveal your Resort room number or the name of your Resort to strangers.
- Secure your valuables (money, jewelry, cameras, airline tickets, checkbooks, etc.) in a safe deposit box located at the Front Desk.
- Safeguard your room key as you would your residence key. Report lost keys and turn in keys to the Front Desk upon check-out.
- Do not leave your valuables unattended at the pool or in your vehicle.
- Lock and secure all doors whenever away from your Resort and upon retiring for the night.
- Close and lock your door whenever you are leaving your room or while you are in your room. Use all the locking devices provided.
- Check and ensure that all sliding glass doors and windows, as well as any connecting room doors, are locked before leaving your room.
- Take a few moments and locate the nearest exit that may be used in the event of an emergency.
We hope you enjoy your visit and please contact the Front Desk if you have any questions!