Sign up for the latest news and e-deals from Caribbean Resort and you'll be entered to win a 3-Night stay!
Receive the best money saving deals in Myrtle Beach!
Just because you decide to spend Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach doesn't mean you have to forgo the traditional holiday feast. Quite the contrary — as a guest at the Caribbean Resort & Villas, you can experience all the fun of a fall getaway on the Grand Strand while also enjoying a Thanksgiving feast at the beach. Here are some of our favorite local places to dine on Turkey Day:
* Carolina Roadhouse: Caribbean guests don't have to travel far to find a mixed menu that is sure to satisfy everyone in your party at this popular regional chain. In addition to the regular menu highlighted by thick steaks and juicy prime rib, Carolina Roadhouse also rolls out a special holiday offering of roasted turkey, ham and all the traditional trimmings, including a serving of pumpkin pie for dessert. Located only 1.5 miles north of the Caribbean, Carolina Roadhouse also has a pair of sister restaurants to the north and south called California Dreaming, which are also open for Thanksgiving lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended.
* Captain George's: What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving at the beach than with a bountiful seafood buffet? Located just past Broadway at the Beach, which is a straight shot down 29th Avenue North from the Caribbean, Captain George's puts out its usual seafood spread of crab legs, shrimp, oysters and more for the holiday, along with a traditional Thanksgiving lineup. This spacious restaurant is perfect for large parties, especially those with varying taste buds. Patrons can have a seafood, land-food or surf-and-turf Turkey Day — just try to save some room for the delicious dessert bar. Reservations are available only for parties of 10 or more.
* Chestnut Hill: This is one of our guests' favorite places to dine regardless of the time of year, but particularly for Thanksgiving. Serving a special holiday menu of deep-fried turkey, prime rib and smoked oysters, Chestnut Hill also goes all out with a selection of side dishes and tasty desserts, including pumpkin pie and cheesecake. Located in the Restaurant Row section of Myrtle Beach, Chestnut Hill has a well-established reputation for its Thanksgiving menu and upscale atmosphere, so reservations will fill up fast.
* Greg Norman's Australian Grille: They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the Land Down Under, but Aussies have a lot in common with Americans, particularly when it comes to our love for hearty foods. Located at Barefoot Landing overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway, this fine-dining facility features the flavors that legendary Australian golfer Greg Norman favors from his native land. Grilled rack of lamb, prime rib and seafood dishes are among the highlighted items on the Thanksgiving menu, and an extensive wine list ensures your party will find the perfect vintage to complement to your meal. Reservations are strongly recommended.
* K&W Cafeteria: This regional chain is known for its country cooking, and that's especially true on Thanksgiving. With a long service line of traditional Thanksgiving favorites like ham, turkey, dressing and veggies to choose from, guests can select exactly what they want on their plate instead of ordering from the pre-set menu that is typical of many restaurants open on Thanksgiving. With locations both north and south of the Caribbean, K&W is a great option if you forgot to make reservations somewhere else, since they are walk-in only and very casual. In fact, you can beat the rush and hit the K&W To Go takeout station so you can enjoy your Thanksgiving feast in the comfort of your suite at the Caribbean.
Following your Thanksgiving feast, it’s time to come back to your comfortable accommodations at the Caribbean Resort & Villas and digest. Take a walk on the beach or relax on your oceanfront balcony while being thankful for your memorable holiday retreat to Myrtle Beach.