New Orleans has the Hurricane, Singapore has the Singapore Sling, and Havana has the Mojito — so why shouldn’t the Grand Strand have its own signature cocktail? As a matter of fact, it does. And while the “Myrtle Mule” may not be a real thing yet (that we’re aware of, anyway), there is a drink that’s exclusive to Caribbean Resort & Villas and its sister Brittain Resorts & Hotels properties in the Myrtle Beach area, and our guests can’t seem to get enough of it.
Called the Voodoo Bucket, the drink is a big hit at our Grand Strand resorts, and it’s served in a souvenir bucket with plenty of straws — perfect for sharing on that toasty day at the beach. To put the cherry on top, at Caribbean Resort & Villas’ Oceanfront Tiki Bar, you and your drinking-age crew can enjoy your Voodoo Bucket alongside the outdoor lazy river with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
While we’re not giving away the full recipe, here’s a list of the ingredients found in the Voodoo Bucket to tempt your taste buds:
- 5 ounces of each of the following Cruzan Rum flavors:
- Pineapple rum
- Mango rum
- Dark rum
- Coconut rum
- Banana rum
- Orange juice
- Pineapple juice
- Splash of cranberry juice
The Voodoo Bucket is a refreshing treat that’s an ideal fit for a sunny day by the pool or Atlantic Ocean at one of Brittain Resorts’ Myrtle Beach-area properties, but it’s not the only heat-beater on the menu at our resort bars and lounges. Enjoy one of these other great cocktails when you need to cool off during your Grand Strand getaway:
- Original Margarita: features tequila, lime juice (typically) or lemon juice, and an orange-flavored liqueur, all served frozen or on the rocks, and often with salt on the rim of the glass
- Piña Colada: features rum (light is typical, with dark sometimes included), cream of coconut and pineapple juice mixed with ice
- Rum Runner: features a combination of fruit juices (including lime, orange and/or pineapple, typically), along with dark and light rum, banana liqueur, and a splash of grenadine
- Sex on the Beach: features vodka, peach schnapps, orange or pineapple juice, and cranberry juice, all combined and served over ice
After discovering a new favorite drink during your Grand Strand getaway, retire to your comfortable accommodations at Caribbean Resort & Villas to rest up for another day of adventure on the Grand Strand — or enjoy more from the long list of luxurious amenities found on-site at the resort. Book your oceanfront vacation in Myrtle Beach today, and start making plans to soak in all of the best that the Grand Strand has to offer.