Part of the fun of a Myrtle Beach vacation is the food — fresh local seafood, Southern and international cuisine, and carnival grub like corn dogs and funnel cakes. But there are some nights, particularly after a busy day on the beach and in the water, when you just feel like chilling out in the comfort of your room at The Caribbean Resort & Villas. That's when you need a few local tips about ordering out and dining in.
Sure, Myrtle Beach has all the national-chain options for pizza delivery, like Domino's, Papa John's and Pizza Hut, but hungry vacationers shouldn't live on pizza alone. And you definitely don't have to in Myrtle Beach, where you can have virtually any style of food you want delivered to your hotel. Here are a few of our guests' favorite places for food delivery:
* Hot Wing Express: Who needs pizza when you can have chicken wings? Hot Wing Express features a dozen different flavors of wings (the Garlic Parmesan wings are the bomb!), as well as a wide selection of burgers, fries, sandwiches, appetizers and … wait for it … Asian cuisine, including traditional Chinese dishes like shrimp fried rice and Thai favorites like pad Thai. Hot Wing Express is located less than half a mile from The Caribbean, so delivery is fast and easy.
* Jimmyz Original Hibachi House: Mix things up with some healthy, authentic Asian cuisine from Jimmy, a local hibachi chef who started his own line of take-out and delivery outlets. Combination dinners allow a family to share generous portions of steak, seafood, chicken and fresh grilled veggies, along with soups, salads, sushi and spring rolls. You can even cover dessert with fried cheesecake.
* Michael's Pizza, Pasta and Grill: Yes, Michael's is one of many pizza options available for Caribbean Resort guests, but this locally owned and operated establishment offers so much more. A wide range of Italian classics can be delivered directly to you, including subs, spaghetti, chicken Alfredo, lasagna, calzones and chicken Parmesan. Order some salad and bread sticks to make it a complete meal, and add on one of Michael's pizzas for the kids or a late-night snack.
* Ultimate California Pizza: The emphasis here goes on the word “Ultimate.” This local chain has the longest list of toppings imaginable, from all the traditional favorites to unique selections like New York strip, shrimp, shitake mushrooms and just about any veggie you can think of. Even better, UCP also serves some of the best flatbreads, sandwiches and subs in town, as well as fresh salads and pasta dishes. For folks who are looking for a fun and delicious lunch or dinner out on the town, the UCP Game Zone on Restaurant Row features an amazing arcade and sports bar to go with its award-winning grub.
* 843 Restaurant Delivery: If none of these options tickle your taste buds, this local food-delivery service has you covered. Simply call 843-457-0270 (or order online at www.843restaurantdelivery.com), choose from more than 100 area restaurants, and 843 will bring your favorite food directly to you. Whether your crew wants fast food (McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell), national chains (Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Chili's) or local grub (Longbeard's, King Kong Sushi, Famous Toastery), 843 Restaurant Delivery has the hookup, usually in an hour or less. This is perfect for families with differing taste buds, as you can order from multiple restaurants for a minimal delivery fee.
Guests at The Caribbean Resort & Villas also have several dining options within a short walk of the property, including the famous Sea Captain’s House and New York Prime. It’s just one more reason to spend your summer vacation with us at The Caribbean Resort in Myrtle Beach.