Sign up for the latest news and e-deals from Caribbean Resort and you'll be entered to win a 3-Night stay!
Receive the best money saving deals in Myrtle Beach!
Football season and fall vacations to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - the two go together to form a winning combination when you and your crew touch down at The Caribbean Resort & Villas this autumn. Soak up some sun, sand and surf before turning your attention to the turf and supporting your favorite football team on the gridiron. What better place to watch the big game on TV than beachside?
The Grand Strand area is lined with sports bars and grills where you can catch your favorite team in action, but for many fans, being surrounded by fellow supporters is part of the experience. It's a lot more fun when everybody cheers along with you, especially in those big rivalry games. Because so many people from all over the world visit Myrtle Beach, you might be surprised to discover how many fans of your team are in town - and they're easily identifiable, because they’ll cheer at the same time you do or wear the same team colors. Here’s a list of some favorite hangouts for fans of the following teams:
* Carolina Panthers: The best place to watch the Panthers play is, well, almost anywhere on the Grand Strand. With Charlotte less than 200 miles away from Myrtle Beach, the coastal Carolina communities have embraced the Panthers while also maintaining their childhood allegiances before migrating to the Grand Strand. Broadway Louie's, Dave & Buster's and Carolina Ale House at Broadway at the Beach draw big crowds to root for Cam Newton and company.
* Cleveland Browns: Members of the Dawg Pound are in luck, as Drifters Saloon is only a couple blocks from The Caribbean. Listed as the official gathering spot for Browns fans to celebrate wins and drown their sorrows, Drifters offers an atmosphere where you will find high hopes and spirits before and during the games. Fans don their Cleveland gear and bark in unison to cheer for a team that usually loses but never lets it spoil a good time.
* Pittsburgh Steelers: It's probably harder to find a bar on the Grand Strand where there are no Steelers fans than it is to find one with Steelers fans on hand. Pittsburgh transplants and vacationers are seemingly everywhere, especially on Sundays when the Steelers take the field. Although there are several Steelers bars, Oscar's in North Myrtle Beach is the official headquarters. Owned and operated by die-hard Pittsburgh natives, Oscar's even gets a fresh coat of black and gold paint by the patrons every time the Steelers win the Super Bowl - and the place is due for a new paint job.
* Philadelphia Eagles: The other side of the Keystone State is also well represented in the Myrtle Beach area, but nowhere more than at Foster's Cafe & Bar. Located about 3 miles north of The Caribbean, Foster's is owned by Eagles supporters but is staffed and frequented by lots of Steelers fans. This makes for some interesting Sundays with bitter rivals on opposite sides of the small bar, cheering for their team and taunting the others with good-natured jeers. The Sunday lunch special and Bloody Mary Bar are great for those Sunday-afternoon games.
* Washington Redskins: If you want to sing along to "Hail to the Redskins," then head downtown to Bumstead’s Pub, an English-style pub that is a popular hangout for 'Skins fans. There are lots of TVs, including private in-booth monitors, and a wide beer and food selection.
* College Football: We can't forget the kids who play on Saturdays. The Grand Strand is a melting pot of college football fans from all over the country, but especially those cheering for the home-state teams - the South Carolina Gamecocks and defending national champion Clemson. Pine Lakes Tavern, which is only 2 miles north of the Caribbean Resort, is a major hot spot for college football, and the outdoor patio deck overlooking a lake allows you to get some game-day atmosphere in the autumn sunshine.
Now all you need is your favorite team's jersey and oceanfront accommodations at The Caribbean Resort & Villas to enjoy a fall football getaway to Myrtle Beach.