No one wants to spend their vacation sitting in traffic — especially in Myrtle Beach, where there are so many fun things to do and easy ways to get around town. From bicycles and golf carts to street trolleys and limos, there are plenty of alternate forms of transportation to choose from, so you can leave your vehicle in the parking garage and leave the driving to the professionals. Guests at the Caribbean Resort & Villas can take advantage of the following ways to get around the Grand Strand:
* Bike/Moped: You only need two wheels to get to some of the most popular spots in Myrtle Beach, and you can do it with pedal power or horsepower. Bicycles are perfect for guests at the Caribbean because our location lends itself to cycling. Located on the northernmost end of the main strip of hotels, the Caribbean has bike lanes along Ocean Boulevard, where guests can bike to the downtown district or to the Golden Mile stretch of beach houses. For those who prefer to let the small engine of a moped do the work, there are several rental outfits where you can get a scooter to cruise around town for the day.
* Bus/Trolley: Local server Coast RTA provides a unique ride that could be considered more of a low-cost tour of the Grand Strand than a traditional mass-transit commute. Old-fashioned street trolleys carry passengers down Ocean Boulevard and to some of the most popular attractions in the area. Caribbean guests are a short walk from two of the 10 routes offered by Coast RTA — Route 10, which picks up at 21st Avenue North and goes to Broadway at the Beach and Coastal Grand Mall, and Route 15N, which picks up one block away from the resort at the corner of 29th Avenue and Kings Highway and runs to the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and a large portion of Ocean Boulevard. Routes run every hour on the hour from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and the cost is $1.50 with discounts available for seniors and children.
* Golf Cart: Golf courses aren't the only places where locals like to drive these handy little vehicles. Many locals and visitors use golf carts to get around town in open-air style, allowing you to feel the ocean breeze and make your rounds with ease. Several local rental outfits offer hourly, daily or weekly rates, and state law allows licensed drivers to operate golf carts on the roads with a few small limitations. Golf carts are not permitted on streets with speed limits of 45 mph or higher, and drivers are not allowed to travel outside a four-mile radius. Stretch limo-style carts are ideal for large parties.
* Taxi/Shuttle: Myrtle Beach has a wide selection of taxi cabs and shuttle services to choose from, as well as an active Uber community. Call a cab or hail one from right outside the Caribbean lobby, and save money thanks to our close and convenient location to many popular Myrtle Beach attractions, entertainment venues and dining and shopping centers. Guests can call Myrtle Beach Transportation at 843-449-4445 for a wide range of services, and air travelers can use Myrtle Beach Airport Shuttle at 843-236-3380. For special occasions, call Limos of Myrtle Beach at 843-564-8677.
* Vehicle: Whether you drove to Myrtle Beach or flew in and rented a car, getting around town isn't as hard as you might think. The avenues that run perpendicular to the coastline are numbered, with First Avenue in the downtown district serving as the center point and the street numbers counting up in both directions. There are only a few main thoroughfares you need to know to go north and south — Ocean Boulevard, Kings Highway, Highway 17 Bypass and Highway 31 (Carolina Bays Parkway). Maps are available in the lobby of the Caribbean, or simply ask our friendly and helpful staff for directions.
While it's fun and easy to explore Myrtle Beach, the good news for guests at the Caribbean Resort & Villas who would prefer to relax is that you don't have to. The resort features clean, comfortable accommodations, a wide variety of on-site amenities and a spectacular location that is within walking distance of Myrtle Beach's hottest spots. No matter where your vacation adventure takes you, you will always end up back in the lap of luxury at the Caribbean Resort & Villas.