Here's a list of great ways to spend a rainy day on the property without braving the weather:
* Indoor Pool Deck: Why get all wet outside when you have all the water-filled fun you can handle indoors? In addition to the outdoor pools and waterslides, the Caribbean has a spacious indoor facility with pools, hot tubs, a lazy river and a pirate-themed play area for the kids to have a splashing good time. Guests can also make the most of the weather by taking cover at the Oceanfront Tiki Bar and throwing back a few frozen drinks.
* Kid’s Club: The Kid’s Club at the Caribbean always has a list of fun activities planned for the little ones, but the team shifts into high gear for rainouts. Arts and crafts projects, games in the indoor pool, and ice cream parties are among the rainy-day activities available to keep the children entertained. Best of all, most Kid’s Clubs events are free of charge except for small fees for materials.
* Dining: Nothing cures the rainy-day blues like a good meal, and guests at the Caribbean Resort don't have to go very far to find some of the best in town. Located right next door is the award-winning Sea Captain's House, which has been serving Southern-style seafood for more than 60 years. The Sea Captain’s House is famous for its she-crab soup, shrimp and grits, and seafood platters, so it's worth dodging a few raindrops to dine at a Myrtle Beach institution. Guests can also warm up with a hot cup of coffee at Starbucks Cafe or cool down with a frozen treat at Ben & Jerry's, both on premises.
* Spa Day: Does it really matter what the weather is like when you are spoiling yourself at the spa? The on-site Mist Spa offers a full range of salon and massage services, providing the perfect opportunity for some serious pampering. Enjoy a nice mani-pedi or indulge in a romantic couples massage in the comfort of your vacation home away from home. For guests who prefer a good workout, visit our modern fitness center and work up a sweat.
* Movies: The silver lining to a rainy day can be a silver-screen feature without leaving the premises. As part of our Sun & Fun Rewards program, guests receive free and unlimited DVD rentals, so you can hold a family movie night in the comfort of your own room. Your Sun & Fun package also includes free and discounted tickets to some of the top attractions in town, including popular indoor venues like Ripley’s Aquarium, WonderWorks and the Hollywood Wax Museum.
* Arcade: Keep the kids from disappearing into their cellphones by letting them play video games like the good old days at our on-site arcade. Featuring the latest high-tech games as well as some classics such as Pac-Man and pinball, the arcade crosses all generations with something fun for everyone. The arcade is located on the fifth floor of the Cayman Tower and is open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
There are plenty of ways to have a good time on a rainy day in Myrtle Beach at the Caribbean Resort & Villas. Stay with us and soak up the fun with or without the sun.