As auto-racing fans on the Grand Strand know, the winter season tends to represent a slow time for their favorite high-action, high-speed sport. But as spring draws near, the roaring engines, checkered flags and high-octane action make their long-awaited return to the area, as the race calendar at Myrtle Beach Speedway starts filling up again.
This March 15-16 — on the final weekend of winter 2018-19 — racing fans can head to the Myrtle Beach Speedway and celebrate spring’s fast-approaching arrival in style at the 3rd Annual Performance Plus 300. The action on the Grand Strand’s own favorite racetrack represents the opening of the 2019 race season for the NASCAR Touring Modifieds, and race divisions are set to include NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Late Models, NASCAR Whelen Tour Modifieds, Chargers and Mini Stocks. As an added bonus, race fans can get a free sneak peak of all the Performance Plus Divisions during practice laps on Friday, March 15, before Saturday’s feature races begin!
Here’s a quick rundown of all the racing action on tap:
Friday, March 15:
- The grandstands will open at 10 a.m. on Friday, and Open Practice for all the racing series runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is FREE for all spectators on Friday.
Saturday, March 16:
- The grandstands open and qualifying begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday, and the racing action is expected to continue through 10 p.m.
- Fans can meet the drivers, take photos and get driver autographs at the Driver Meet and Greet starting at 3:30 p.m.
- The Chargers race at 4 p.m. The Mini Stocks race will follow the Chargers race.
- Feature races start at 4:30 p.m. with the NASCAR Whelen Late Models, followed by the NASCAR Whelen Tour Modifieds at 5:30 p.m.
General admission tickets to the 3rd Annual Performance Plus 300 are just $20, and kids 11 and under are admitted for free! Military/seniors get $3 off admission with ID. Fan suites, infield/pit passes and weekend camping sites are also available. For full details, visit myrtlebeachspeedway.com.
After taking in some high-octane action at the track, you and your race-day crew can head back to the luxurious accommodations and wide-ranging amenities at Caribbean Resort & Villas to rest up for another day of excitement on the Grand Strand. Book your race-weekend trip today — and start looking forward to sending your winter off in speedway style on the South Carolina coast!