Whether you’re looking to spice up the usual anniversary routine (because, let’s face it, you’re probably not the only one thinking that the go-to gift, dinner and a movie routine is getting a little tired) or you want to mark a particularly pertinent anniversary year in style (because, of course, any milestone year ending in a 5 or 0 is especially worthy of some added excitement) — it’s hard to think of a more romantic way to surprise your special someone that with a trip to the beach. And with its long list of couple-friendly accommodations and attractions, the Grand Strand is the perfect destination for your anniversary celebration.
If you’re intent on really wowing your true love for your anniversary festivities this year, consider an oceanfront stay at Myrtle Beach’s Caribbean Resort & Villas and a few of the items/activities from this can’t-miss itinerary:
- Flowers: Synonymous with romance, a flower arrangement is always a winning pick on your anniversary. And at the nearby Flowers by Richard, found just inland from Caribbean Resort & Villas and reachable by car in roughly 2 minutes, the gift options for your special someone range from traditional roses to modern bouquets. Available arrangements include floral favorites such as daisies, tulips, lilies, orchids and more. Delivery is available throughout the area, or patrons can drop by to pick up their arrangements.
- Dinner: Found about 4 miles south of Caribbean Resort & Villas at sister resort The Breakers, restaurant/bar Strong Waters Craft Cocktails & Kitchen serves up a speakeasy vibe and a casual atmosphere, along with some unique cocktails and fantastic food. The handcrafted drink offerings at the “farm to shaker” establishment include the signature Smokin’ Oldie — a smoky twist on the Old Fashioned — as well as other interesting offerings like the Honeysuckle Mule featuring honeysuckle vodka, ginger beer and cucumber; the Hornet’s Nest with gin, smoked honey citrus and yellow Chartreuse; and the Berry Derby with Jim Beam, blackberry, ginger beer, slapped basil and lime, just to name a few. Examples of the creative grub options available include the Butcher Block Burger with angus chuck ground beef, pimento cheese and candied bacon on toasted brioche, and the Crabby Mac featuring blue crab, lobster & smoked Gouda mornay, asparagus, caramelized onions and bacon topped with herb bread crumbs.
- Dessert: No anniversary meal is truly complete without indulging in a decadent dessert, and the nearby Croissants Bistro & Bakery offers a sweet selection of cakes, cookies and cupcakes that will put the cheery on top of your evening outing. Located just a 5-minute drive inland from Caribbean Resort & Villas, this longtime locals’-favorite restaurant puts a wide selection of the day’s fresh-made desserts in a glass case, so you and your sweetheart can review all the options before picking your favorite.
- Wine Tasting: Located in North Myrtle Beach just front of the Barefoot Landing shopping/dining/entertainment complex, homegrown wine producer Duplin Winery serves up America’s favorite muscadine wine, along with a full line of award-winning, Carolina-produced reds, whites, sparkling wines, blushes, specialty wines and more. Visitors can taste samples (up to 10 wines for just $10 — including a logo wine glass as a souvenir), learn about the wine-bottling process and shop in the winery’s retail store, which sells wine accessories, Duplin gourmet food items and more.
- Spa Treatment: It’s true what you hear about successful relationships requiring work — and after all these years of working together, you both deserve some celebratory pampering. At Mist Spa, conveniently located right on the property at Caribbean Resort & Villas, individual massages, facials, body treatments and scrubs are all on the menu. But your best bet for your anniversary getaway might be a more romantic offering — the couple massage.
Even when all these tempting treats/activities are in the books, your celebratory spoiling isn’t yet complete when you stay at Caribbean Resort & Villas. The perfect way to cap off your day of enjoying the Grand Strand together might just be kicking back and relaxing on your oceanfront balcony, watching the waves caress the sand and discussing your amazing day before calling it a night.
When you and your true love are ready to celebrate your special bond on the Carolina coast, book your getaway at Caribbean Resort & Villas on the Myrtle Beach oceanfront. With our wide range of luxurious accommodations and impressive list of on-property amenities, we’ve got everything you’ll need to make even more lifelong memories together during your Myrtle Beach vacation.