Try Our Favorite River City and California Pizza Inspired Super Bowl Snacks!
Whatever big game you’re gearing up for, whether it’s your favorite college team’s bowl game or the NFL game to beat all NFL games, you’ve gotta have great snacks on hand. If you’re in Myrtle Beach, there are two go-to game snack hotspots you can always hit up for the goods; River City Café and Ultimate California Pizza.
But if you’re not going to be at the beach when game time comes, try these recipes out at home. It’s not quite the same as heading out to your favorite Myrtle Beach restaurant after a day spent hanging on the beach, but it’s almost as delicious.
RIVER CITY SUPER BOWL CHILI
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup of poblano peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 4 lb. of lean ground beef
- 12 T. (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1 can chopped whole tomatoes
- 4 jalapeno pepper no seeds or vein
- 3 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp each cumin and chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp each mild paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ea cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- 12 oz beer (recommended: Negro Modelo)
Cook Beef until brown and crumbly in large pot. Drain. Sauté veggies in same pot with all dry spices while the beef drains. Add beef and all other ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat, add beer and simmer uncovered for about 1 hour or to desired consistency. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking
ULTIMATE CALIFORNIA PIZZA SPICY WING SAUCE
- 1 ½ cups Hot Sauce (Franks or Durkees)
- ¾ Cups (about 1 ½ stick) Butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Pinch Garlic Powder
- Pinch Celery Salt
- Salt and pepper
Combine mustard and spices in mixing bowl to blend. Add Hot Sauce, stir to combine. Slowly add butter, stirring constantly. Toss with chicken wings to coat.
ULTIMATE CALIFORNIA PIZZA JAMAICAN JERK WING SAUCE
- 2 Cups Pineapple Juice
- 8 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Cups Fresh Pineapple, peeled and cut in cubes
Combine ingredients in saucepan and simmer 30 minutes. Cool slightly, then blend in a blender until smooth. Toss prepared Chicken Wings or Cubed Pork in sauce to serve.
What’s your favorite football game snack, in Myrtle Beach or elsewhere?
No related articles were found.