Sign up for the latest news and e-deals from Caribbean Resort and you'll be entered to win a 3-Night stay!
Receive the best money saving deals in Myrtle Beach!
Many of us are hesitant to hop up on stage and belt out a tune at karaoke night. But if you are ever going to channel your inner rock star, there's no better place to go for it than while you are vacationing in Myrtle Beach where no one knows your name. Guests at the Caribbean Resort in Myrtle Beach have lots of opportunities to take over the microphone and rock the house on the Grand Strand. Here are five of our guests' favorite places to play diva for a day or nightingale for a night in the Myrtle Beach spotlight:
* Broadway Louie's: If you thought the karaoke setup was sweet at the old Broadway Louie's, wait until you see the new one. Relocating to an adjacent building at Broadway at the Beach to make room for the new Hard Rock Cafe, Broadway Louie's underwent a major makeover, especially to the karaoke stage. Professional-quality lighting, sound and special effects have been upgraded, and the show is hosted five nights a week (Tuesday through Saturday) beginning at 8 p.m. under the direction of Jake's All-Star Karaoke. The adjoining sports bar carries all the football games and features a diverse food, drink and beer menu.
* Crocodile Rocks: While you are at Broadway at the Beach, check out a different kind of karaoke experience at this dueling piano bar. Featuring two performers tickling the ivories and the funny bones of partying patrons, Croc Rocks takes requests for tips and even allows guests to take center stage. Volunteers from the audience are asked to lead sing-alongs and take part in skits that keep the crowd singing and laughing. Be sure to wear your thick-skin, because the pianists love to pick on members of the audience — but it's all in good fun, and the music is great whether you sit on the sidelines or try to steal the show.
* Dirty Don's Oyster Bar & Grill: Located less than 1 mile south of the Caribbean on 21st Avenue North, this popular seafood shack is also known for hosting karaoke shows that are popular among both locals and tourists. Enjoy some oysters and get ready to come out of your shell, then order some cold beers to build up your liquid courage. Karaoke starts at 7 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays, and the party carries on deep into the evening.
* O.D. Arcade & Lounge: North Myrtle Beach is the birthplace of the Carolina Shag, the state dance that still attracts folks to the Ocean Drive district to hit the dance floor. But when beach-music bands aren’t on the main stage, this long-running establishment turns the mic over to the amateurs for some fun karaoke on the beach. Patrons sing and shag along to the songs, so you won't feel like all eyes and ears are critiquing your performance, and there are always regulars on hand to teach you how to shag. Barring a special shag festival, karaoke is held on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays beginning at 9 p.m.
* Pine Lakes Tavern: If you can't carry a tune but can play the heck out of a musical instrument, this popular locals' hangout is the place to be on Tuesday nights. Located about 2 miles north of the Caribbean in the Pine Lakes section of Myrtle Beach, PLT hosts Open Mic Night on Tuesdays with a house band backing you up. Pick out your favorite tune and play lead singer, or bring your guitar, bongos, saxophone or even the spoons and play along with the band.
After your big night in the spotlight, head back to the Caribbean Resort & Villas and enjoy the rock-star treatment. Whether you are a headliner or a back-up act, everyone is a star at the Caribbean.