Sign up for the latest news and e-deals from Caribbean Resort and you'll be entered to win a 3-Night stay!
Receive the best money saving deals in Myrtle Beach!
. In fact, your children probably won’t notice that you’re not spending a lot of money because they’ll be too occupied with all the free, fun-filled activities that Myrtle Beach and The Caribbean have to offer. Here are five free hot spots where the kids can play but not pay:
* Beach: The 60-mile stretch of sandy beaches along the Grand Strand serves as one big playground for all ages, but particularly for kids. It only takes a little creativity to build sandcastles or search for buried treasure, not to mention splashing around the in surf and learning to body surf. Guests at The Caribbean are only steps away from the beach and a free summer adventure for children. Be sure to bring a few beach toys, like a football, a shovel and pail, or a boogie board, to keep them happy and busy all day on the beach.
* Broadway at the Beach: Located about a mile from The Caribbean via a straight shot up 29th Avenue North, Broadway at the Beach is a hotbed of free activities for kids during the summer months. As a part of the Summer Nights at Broadway lineup, nightly entertainment consisting of live music, comedians, magicians, jugglers, balloon artists, stilt-walkers and face-painters is available for families to enjoy. Free fireworks shows are also held virtually every Tuesday and Friday night during the summertime.
* Caribbean Resort Kid’s Club: Not only do our guests have access to all our aquatic amenities, including indoor/outdoor pools, waterslides and a lazy river, but they also receive a few other freebies. The Caribbean Kid’s Club features free activities for the little ones, including beach and pool games, arts and crafts, and ice cream socials, all of which allow them to make friends and play with other guests their age. Parents get a short break from the kids as they engage in fun activities, such as hunting for treasure, beachcombing and building sandcastles. Most Kid’s Club activities are free, but some involve a small fee for materials.
* Myrtle Beach Boardwalk: Located in the heart of the downtown district, this 1.2-mile oceanfront walkway is lined with fun things to do and see. The free Hot Summer Nights activities offer family-oriented entertainment every night during the summer months. The Kids Carnival is held each Monday with kid-friendly entertainment, face-painting, inflatable play stations, games and more, while Wednesdays feature fireworks launched from the nearby Second Avenue Pier.
* The Market Common: Located about 6 miles south of The Caribbean Resort, this urban shopping and dining district offers a lot more than retail goods and food. Built on the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base, this development includes Grand Park, with playgrounds, picnic tables and bike trails for a family outing, as well as free attractions like Warbird Park, which displays some of the airplanes that were once housed here. The Market Common also offers free weekly Movies Under the Stars and other family-friendly free events. While you are on the south end of town, check out the admission-free Burroughs-Chapin Art Museum, which offers occasional programs for kids.
The Caribbean Resort & Villas is the ultimate family-friendly place to stay and play in Myrtle Beach, where the kids can have a great time without spending a dime. It also has its advantages for adults, who can relax knowing the little ones are having a blast and building long-lasting family vacation memories.