Sign up for the latest news and e-deals from Caribbean Resort and you'll be entered to win a 3-Night stay!
Receive the best money saving deals in Myrtle Beach!
For guests at the Caribbean Resort & Villas, the best place to decompress is right under your feet. Go for a peaceful walk on the beach, or enjoy the ocean view from your private balcony with a good book. Take a soak in a Jacuzzi, go for a dip in the ocean, or let your troubles float away on the lazy river. But for those with different ideas of relaxation, peace and tranquility are only a short distance away from the Caribbean. Here are some of our guests' favorite ways to unwind:
* Floating: There's no better way to get away from the crowds than by sailing on the high seas where only fish and birds normally go. Local outfitters offer fishing excursions for those who find inner peace through angling, and there are dolphin-watching trips for those who prefer to connect with nature. If seasickness is a concern, take a cruise aboard the Barefoot Princess for a tour of the Intracoastal Waterway, or hop in a kayak and explore the inlets and bays along the Strand for a relaxing day on the water.
* Golfing: Some golfers actually get angry and more stressed out during a difficult round, but most find a day spent chasing a little white ball to be the ultimate stress reliever. If you are one of those who don't take the game too seriously, you’ve got options aplenty for playing golf in Myrtle Beach. With more than 80 courses within a 60-mile radius, you can book a tee time at some of the top layouts on the Strand. Whether you choose an oceanfront course or a links layout located on the scenic wetlands and woodlands that surround Myrtle Beach, the natural setting and the challenge of competition are sure to do your mind and body good.
* Hiking: Despite the many attractions, shops and restaurants on the Grand Strand, you don't have to go very far to get away from it all. Although a nice walk on the beach has its own appeal, there's something about getting out in the woods away from the lights and crowds that helps soothe the soul. Caribbean guests can visit Myrtle Beach State Park and go for a stroll down the scenic Sculptured Oak Nature Trail through an old-growth forest. With a slightly longer drive to Murrells Inlet, you can check out Huntington Beach State Park and its trail system that runs through salt marshes and maritime forests. Bring a bike and ride down the Waccamaw Neck Bikeway from Sandy Island to Litchfield Beach.
* Getting a Spa Treatment: If you prefer the great indoors over the great outdoors, spoiling yourself at a local spa is the perfect way to unwind. Whether you are looking for salon services like manicures and pedicures or massage and ritual therapy, the Cinzia Spa at North Beach Plantation is your best bet. This full-service spa has it all, including workout classes and first-rate facilities.
* Sampling Wine: While you are on the North Strand, take your taste buds on a tour of one of the local vineyards and give your brain a break, as well. La Belle Amie Vineyard offers tours and daily wine tastings so you can sample some of the Twisted Sisters wine varieties. Duplin Winery at Barefoot Landing also offers a wide selection of sweet wines from the South’s largest family-owned and operated winery in nearby Rose Hill, NC.
Bring a few bottles back with you to enjoy in your room at the Caribbean or back home. A glass of wine on your private, ocean-view balcony is the ideal stress reliever for your Myrtle Beach vacation.